For National Women's Month, we partnered with THE LITTLE BIT PROJECT to make life a little bit better for women in Detroit by collecting donations of feminine hygiene products for the #POSITIVEPERIOD campaign. All items collected during the campaign will be given to women in Detroit who are homeless, in shelters, or otherwise in crisis.
To accommodate the number of people who still want to support #positiveperiod, and to service the maximum number of women possible, we have extended the campaign. We are accepting donations of products and hearts until April 19. We will be assembling the bags for the ladies on April 20, 21, and 22 at Detroit Fiber Works.
Items such as tampons, maxi pads, pantyliners, baby wipes, feminine wipes and body spray are at the top of our wishist, but toothpaste, deodorant, and all other hygiene products will also be accepted. We are also in need of gallon and quart sized Ziplock Bags.
Each kit of products we provide will include a Little Bit Card and a handmade heart filled with lavender to uplift each spirit and soothe each soul who receives a bag. That's The Little Bit way!
Here's how you can help:
- Purchase items from our wish list - click here: Amazon wish list. The items are sent directly to us.
- If you are in the Detroit area, you may drop off any items you would like to donate at Detroit Fiber Works - 19359 Livernois, Detroit, Michigan 48221. We are open Wednesday through Saturday from 11am until 7pm. If you come on a Saturday, there's no parking enforcement, so you can park for free!
- You can also drop items off at Flo Boutique - 404 W. Willis at Cass, in Midtown.
- Donate directly to The Little Bit Project by clicking here: DONATE
- Help us create the handmade hearts. We'll be making hearts every from 6-8pm on Wednesdays (April 4, 11 & 18) and Thursdays (April 5, 12, & 19). If you can't stick around, we have heart making kits to share. You can make the hearts at home and bring them back at your convenience - NO LATER THAN April 19. The hearts can be felted, knitted, crocheted or sewn.
- Here are links to crocheted, knitted and sewn heart patterns:
- Knitted: https://julieandtheknits.com/2013/11/22/free-pattern-knitted-heart/
- Crocheted: http://www.thepaintedhinge.com/2015/01/14/hearts-in-3-sizes-free-crochet-patterns/
- Sewn: https://www.feelgoodorg.com/blog?tag=Lavender+Flowers (Note: cut fabric in 5 inch by 5 inch squares, NOT 3x3)
- Come to Detroit Fiber Works and help us stuff the bags at the end of the month. Our goal is 300 bags so we need a LOT of help! We will stuff the bags on Friday, April 20 (11am-7pm), Saturday, April 21 (11am-7pm) and Sunday, April 22 (Noon-5pm). It's going to be FUN!
Please share this information and our social media posts on your pages. Ask friends and family to support our efforts along with you. Spread Love!